Finance and Administration Officer
- RDRS Bangladesh is going to implement `Securing Employment and Economic Development around Jute Textile and Light Engineering Sector in North-West Bangladesh` Project in Rangpur, Kurigram, Gaibandha, Lalmonirhat districts supported by Practical Action Bangladesh funded by European Commission. Interested candidates are requested to apply for the above position.
- Job Location: Rangpur
- Duration of contract: This is an EC funded project, the initial contract will be for 1 year, renewable up to 03 years subject to satisfactory performance.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Responsible for Project finance and administrative work;
- Record keeping of all invoices and other bills, staff advance, sale proceeds, lease purchase etc. and cross check for quality ensuring;
- Preparation of payments voucher and booking of expenses under appropriate head of Accounts;
- Check petty cash expenses, daily cash count sheet and petty cash reimbursement;
- Keeping voucher, documents and records properly and safely;
- Data entry in computerized accounting system and prepare reports;
- Prepare of payroll and disbursement of petty cash and control cash;
- Settlement of invoice and other bills and deduction of Income tax and issued VAT coupon at source and timely deposit of Governments Taxes to Tax and VAT Authority;
- Maintain fixed assets memorandum and preparation of monthly statement according to capitalization policy;
- Prepare of journal voucher and take approval from authorized person before recording;
- Reporting frequently of all financial transactions monthly, quarterly, and annually and as when required;
- Organizes and ensure logistical support in facilitating meetings, conferences, and other special events;
- Assist in procurement;
- Assist in inventory management;
- Arrange required logistic support relevant to the program events;
- Ensure safety and security of the office premises and resources as needed;
- Masters Accounting/ Finance
- At least 5 year(s)
- At least 5 years experience in the relevant field;
- Should have strong skill in accounting, budget preparation, forecast, monitoring and financial analysis, hands-on experience in donor reporting, ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure within deadlines;
- Experience in accounting software is must;
- The incumbent should have sound understanding of NGO Affairs Bureau requirements across the project cycle, fluent verbal and written English, strong computer skills in MS Office, especially in Excel;
- Good interpersonal skills and relationship with other and communication skills;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is preferred;
- Willing to travel extensively within the RDRS operational areas and beyond;
- Have practical experience and ability to work under pressure and stressful situation;
- Age maximum 40 years (may be relaxed for deserving candidates).
- Tk. 30000
- Online Job Posting
Only short listed candidates will be called for interview through cell phone/ SMS/ Email.
Any persuasion will disqualify candidature. Women are especially encouraged to apply.
RDRS is a non smoking working environment.
Application Deadline : Jan 10, 2017
Address : RDRS Bangladesh, Jail Road, Radhaballav, Rangpur
Web : www.rdrsbangla.net