Officer – Sponsorship (Reporting)
- Department : Resource Mobilization
- Unit : Sponsorship
- Types of contract : Regular Contract
Job Description / Responsibility
- Job Summary:
- The position ‘Officer – Sponsorship (Reporting)’ will be responsible for serving the supporters of the UK, Italy, Greece, Sweden, Spain, Australia and the USA to ensure smooth fundraising for ActionAid Bangladesh. Reporting will be the prime focus of this position and therefore this position will be responsible for preparing reports like Progress Report (PR), Community News Letter (CNL) and Next Step (NS). This position will also be responsible for handling web-based data management and dealing with the individual supporter’s correspondence of 28 LRPs (Local Rights Programme) . Capacity Building is another focus of this position, therefore will be responsible for arrange various trainings and other capacity building initiatives. In addition, building capacity of LRP staff through regular field-visits, maintaining regular communications with LRPs, FAs and Printing houses, archiving the CJG publications coming from across the country as well as Proof and content checking of the half-yearly publicationspublishedby the Community Journalist Groups (CJG) of LRPs will be some other responsibilities of this position.
- Key responsibilities include (not limited to):
- Theme selection for the communication plan
- Share communication plan with LRPs
- Collect draft report with case studies and photographs from LRP
- Collect information and regular follow up to LRP for preparing the report
- Prepare the first draft and sending to FA
- Ensuring the final approval by providing information if necessary
- Designing the layout for FA approval
- Ensuring the printing and final dispatch of the report
- Issuing work order and bill payment to Designers and printers
- Maintaining regular communications with LRPs, FAs and Printing agencies.
- Preparing other relevant reports for Sponsorship purpose
- Data Management and Supporter Query:
- Performing all periodic works of CM, Photo & CH management for servicing a LRP’s supporters
- Take all regular action and ensure timely collection of Chid Profiles, Child Message, Transfer packs, Welcome Packs, Photo update etc.
- Ensure proper data management on NK of the assigned LRPs
- Dispatch all planned communication packs to supporters within deadline
- To do list generation on NK and collect and send required communications to Sponsors
- Logging Supporters’ letters on NK
- Maintaining Supporters’ queries and complaints:
- Generating outstanding correspondence report in NK on a regular basis.
- Identifying the number of queries and complaints and taking necessary actions.
- Communicating with LRPs for collecting CMs and Photos as per Supporters’ demand.
- Ensuring dispatching of the materials within deadline.
- Archiving the Outstanding Correspondence Report for future reference.
- Sharing critical complaints with team member and LRPs to avoid such complaints in future
- Capacity building and LRP visit:
- Participate in Sponsorship national and international workshop and training.
- Facilitate training and workshop during national level training.
- Provide necessary training and support to LRP staff during field visit.
- Arrange field visit for supporter and peer colleague (CP, FA) and accompany with them.
- Arrange exposure visit for LRP staff and CJG members.
- Participate in Project Cycle Management:
- Participate in Sponsorship LRP appraisal and report preparation.
- Monitor LRP sponsorship activities through field visit.
- Participate in PRRP, MTR and Phase-out impact assessment.
- CJG activities:
- Editing the Grassroots Newsletters published by the CJG members of the LRPs
- Archiving CJG publications by 28 LRPs coming from across the country
- Plans & Budget:
- Providing input while preparing budget for Sponsorship
- Monitoring budget of the assigned LRPs
- S/he will report to Deputy Manager – Sponsorship of ActionAid Bangladesh. S/he is expected to maintain functional relationship with his/her peers in team, priority, project management team. S/he must be able to communicate with other teams and units, both programme and function of AAB. S/he is expected to maintain relationship with relevant Government, Non-government agencies, funding affiliates and others.
- Masters Degree, preferably in Social Sciences/English or relevant field;
- At least 2 year(s)
- At least 2 years relevant experience;
- Experience on managing data in online data management system
- Bengali: Effective fluency in speaking and writing.
- English: Effective fluency in speaking and writing.
- Planning and budgeting:
- Provide valuable input in Sponsorship planning and budgeting.
- Word processing:
- Sound in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Typing speed WPM 45
- Sound in presentation through PowerPoint or open presentation in any session.
- Have knowledge on basic photography
- Expertise in facilitating training sessions for capacity building of LRP staff
- Communication expertise
- Graphics Designing
- Child Rights
- Tk. 49344
- Admissible benefits such as festival bonus, provident fund, gratuity, medical benefit, group life insurance etc.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
Only those who meet the above requirements are requested to apply following these instructions:
Last date of application is Saturday, January 07, 2017.
Please click here to submit your application.