Assistant Program Officer (Health Education & Child Welfare)
Islamic Relief Worldwide Bangladesh
- Child Welfare Program is one of the core programs of Islamic Relief, Bangladesh. Under this program Islamic Relief Bangladesh is sponsoring about 3700 children countrywide through its One-to-One Sponsorship Program. Integrated Development Approach for Sponsored Orphans (IDASO) is a major component of the One to One Sponsorship program. The program was undertaken with an aim to develop orphans living with their mothers. IDASO has four major components which are Life Skills Education (LSE), Enhanced Health Care (EHC), Scouting and Cultural Forum (SCF) and Support for Small Enterprise (SSE). The Assistant program Officer position will work under the direct supervision of Program Manager & will posted at Galachipa & Thakurgaon up to December 31, 2017. S/he will be overall responsible for program Implementation.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Managing (planning, implementing, monitoring, budgeting) of the fields.
- Arranging different activities under One to One sponsorship programme and Integrated Development Approach for IRB Sponsored Orphans (IDASO) project.
- Facilitate/arrange training to the staff, volunteer and partners as and when required
- Technical support for orphan families for shelter, WatSan facilities
- Facilitate advocacy and networking (specially with the government) related activity concern department from where the benefit for orphans can be ensured
- Organize different national and international day both at field and national level.
- Frequently field visit and monitor the project activities of the Field Officers, Asst. Field Officers
- Arranging and coordinate sick orphans treatment
- Collect and prepare case study of the beneficiaries
- Orphans Annual Progress Report Collection and uploading in online
- Facilitate/arrange skill training to the Orphans and their family members.
- To visit risk orphans in the families for monitoring & supervision of orphan activities regularly.
- Ensure all proper documentation related to expenditure at field
- Taking part in awareness meeting with the guardian during field visit through Mother Group meeting
- Face Audit (external and internal) regarding respective field and provide support to PM in writing response
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports
- Maintain all necessary documents in hard and soft copy (especially individual file for each orphan in hard copies and other official documents of respective field).
- Perform any other duties as and when required by the management
- Master Degree in English, Development Studies, Economics, Sociology, Social Science or any other relevant discipline from any recognized & UGC approved university.
- At least 4 year(s)
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills is essential.
- Proven expertise and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point, Adobe Photoshop, etc.
- Minimum Four Years relevant experience in International or national NGO’s.
- Experience in working with Children.
- Experience in working with Livelihood, Education component.
- Willing to travel and work in the most remote areas of Bangladesh
- Must bear a valid driving license for motor bike and drive willingly at field level.
- Willing to adapt to IRW’s norms and values
- Supportive, effective and good team player
- Planning, Analytical, Strategic Management and Organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage workload effectively
- Good communication & Advocacy skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong Staff Management Skill.
- Strong Leadership Skill.
- Decision Making Skill.
- Conflict Regulation Skill.
- Thakurgaon, Patuakhali (Galachipa)
- Tk. 23984
- Other Benefits will be provided as per Organization HR Policy.
- Online Job Posting
Application Deadline : Jan 7, 2017
Islamic Relief Worldwide Bangladesh
Address : Bangladesh Country Office: House # 10, Road # 10, Block-K, Baridhara, Dhaka-1212
Web : islamicrelief.org.bd
Business : Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation. Founded in 1984, with headquarters based in Birmingham, UK, we have a presence in 44 countries.Inspired by our Islamic values, we support the world?s most vulnerable people in the fight against poverty and suffering. We do this regardless of race, political affiliation, gender or belief, and without expecting anything in return.As a registered charity, we are open and transparent. We continually assess our work and how we operate to improve our impact and effectiveness. Islamic Relief has been working in Bangladesh since 1991, when we provided emergency relief and supported communities to rebuild in the wake of a devastating cyclone. Since then, we have expanded our programmes to focus on both humanitarian and development challenges.We envisage a caring world where communities are empowered, social obligations are fulfilled and people respond as one to the suffering of others.Our innovative integrated approach sees us work closely with the vulnerable communities that we serve. They identify the problems and are part of the solutions. As a result, our programmes often encompass many interlinked areas. These include livelihoods, food security and community development ? as well as child protection and welfare, health and nutrition, water and sanitation, education, disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation.